assignment 2 the need for wireless standards and protocols 1 – exclusivewritings.com
Assignment 2: The Need for Wireless Standards and Protocols Due Week 4 and worth 100 points The networking field, to include wireless networking, defines many standards to govern network and wireless network operations. It is important to become familiar with the standards organizations and their current standards, standards that are currently being revised, and new standards being considered. Write a 4â€“5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Select one national standards organization and one international standards organization that impact wireless technologies. Describe the impact that each standardsâ€™ organization has on wireless technologies on the planning and development of corporate networks.
- Assess the breadth of the standards provided by each of the previously chosen organizations (national and international) and address where advancements or enhancements are needed.
- Select one formal and one de facto wireless standard. Assess the relative importance of that standard and address if the standard will remain stable, if there are enhancements that are currently needed, or if the standard will soon become obsolete.
- Use at least four quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are as follows:
- Discuss the role of standards in wireless networks.
- Analyze the network protocols and security mechanisms in wireless networks.