assignments 83 – exclusivewritings.com
1 Watch the video Revolutionizing the Way We Grow Food.
Note Caleb Harperâ€™s solutions for growing enough food to feed the worldâ€™s increasing population.
- In at least a well-written paragraph, evaluate the feasibility of Mr. Harperâ€™s solutions.
2 Read A Five-Step Plan to Feed the World by National Geographic.
- Write pro or con response to the five-step plan for feeding a world of 9 billion people. Convince me you read it!
3 Create a Future Wheel
- Using the information from Consequence Wheel/Future Wheel reference, construct a future wheel. It is important to remember that this forecasting technique follows an â€œif, thenâ€ format. â€œIfâ€ this event occurs, â€œthenâ€ this is the result. For example, â€œifâ€ the population reaches 9 billion by 2050, â€œthenâ€ food shortages will occur. OR, â€œifâ€ new food production technologies are invented, â€œthenâ€ food shortages will be alleviated. It is possible that both scenarios are included in one future wheel as a result of brainstorming consequences.
- The topic/issue is â€œ9 Billion Mouths to Feed in 2050â€ for the center of your future wheels.
- Draw your future wheel (or use Google Draw). Make sure it is legible!