discussion 1 writing – exclusivewritings.com
In this discussion topic, we will explore some resources that are designed to help students understand the concept of a literature review. Please browse these resources and then complete the discussion post below.
- the article by Ted Zorn and Nittaya Campbell, “Improving the Writing of Literature Reviews through Literature Integration Exercise” — this article is available in the e-reserves section of this class. To access the article, please take the following steps:
- click Content
- select Class Resources
- select eReserves
- select the icon for eReserves in the middle of your page.
- in the list of items that appears, locate this article and download it.
- the tutorial from The University of North Carolina on writing literature reviews. It is linked to at the top of the Content for this week.
- the tutorial from school Effective Writing Center on writing the literature review. It is linked to at the top of the Content for this week.
After reviewing the material on the Literature Review posted above, please return to your annotated bibliography and begin developing “categories” to help you to organize your sources.
Note that the word “categories” means the same as “sub-topics” or “issues” or “themes” for your overall project. You should normally have three or four “categories” covering different aspects of your topic, which will serve as logical divisions for your literature review.
Please post the title of your project in the header, and then let us know what categories you are proposing to use for your topic. Then respond generously to at least one of your fellow classmates commenting on their choice of categories.