discussion 3958 – exclusivewritings.com
ACG2011 PRIN ACCT II ONLINE 648730
Locate the most recent balance sheet of a publicly-traded corporation in your pathway. You can find the balance sheet within the annual report (10-K). Answer the following questions:
- What is the name of your company and your pathway?
- What were the total current assets this year and last year for the company you chose?
- What were the total current liabilities this year and last year for the company you chose?
- Calculate the Current Ratio for this year and last year for the company you chose.
- Analyze your company’s current ratio (is it good/bad; how does it compare to the prior year, etc.)
- Include a link to the URL for your company’s annual report.
Your initial post must answer all the questions and be at least 3 paragraphs long. You must reply to two of your classmates. In your replies to your classmates, compare your company’s Current Ratio to their company’s Current Ratio. Which one suggests a healthier company? Which company has the better ratio and why. What are some factors you believe affect the ratio? Your replies must be at least 5 sentences long each, detailed, and thorough.
Examples of sectors/industries in pathways could be:
- AHCD: Media, Dance, Theater, Film production, Graphics design or Architecture
- Business: Tourism/Leisure, Telecommunications, Retailers, Computers, Equipment, Food and Beverage Products, Real Estate, Technology Hardware, Toys, Commercial Services, Financial Services, any business is acceptable
- Education: Non-Profit Services, Public Agency, Child care, Charter schools, Universities
- Health Sciences: Health Care Services, Healthcare Products, Hospital, Household Products, Chemicals
- IMCT: Aviation, Construction, Construction Materials, Logistics, Automotive, Mining
- Public Safety: Equipment providers for the industry, Public Agency, Non-Profit Services
- STEM: Engineering, Computers. Chemicals, Energy, Energy Utilities, Technology Hardware
- SGSHS: Healthcare Services, Non-Profit Services, Media, Public Agency
Your initial post is due four (4) days prior to the discussion due date or points will be deducted from your discussion score.