en202 the modern literacy period and its connection with changing social norms – exclusivewritings.com
The Modern Literary period, both the early and later Post-modern works, are a reaction to revolutionary changes taking place and a new reality with all its chaos, anxiety, technological development, and rapid change.
Most often told through the narrative perspective, writers created characters who are just trying to make their way in this new and often indifferent modern world.
For this essay you will be using Kafkaâ€™s The Metamorphosis and Achebeâ€™s Things Fall Apart as evidence to discuss how the concept of change and the response to change is presented in the novels.
- You must have at least six quotations
- You must use both texts
- Must be a minimum of 4 pages.
Be sure to:
- Provide sufficient background information on the Modern literary period.
- Discuss the changes taking place at the time in each work. Specifically, how and why the main characters react to these changes.
- Provide relevant and well integrated evidence from each work.
Double spaced TImes new roman size 12 font